Town of Hempstead New York State Historic Markers - Indian History #8 - Indian Trails (Seaford) - NYS 27 & Seaman Neck Road - Indian Trail and Seaman's Neck Path went through the tract purchased from Massapequa Indians in 1664, by Captain John Seaman became a public highway in 1762. #19 - Site of Indian Village Lodges (Merrick) - NYS 27, west of Central Blvd. - site of Indian Village lodges of the Meroke Tribe just a few hundred feet south of the Merrick; which was settled in 1643. #24 - Site of First Settlement 1644 (Wantagh) - Wantagh Ave north of Merrick Road - named in memory of the Grand Sachem 1651 - 1658.
Town of Oyster Bay New York State Historic Markers - Indian History #2 - Site of Cantiag Woods (Hicksville) - Cantiague Rd. & W. John St. - Northwest corner of land conveyed by Indian deed to Robert Williams 1648. Rock placed as Town boundary marker 1745. #7 - Powell House (Farmingdale) - Merrit Rd. north of Fulton St - Built by Thomas Powell in 1700 after purchase of Bethpage from Massapequa Indian tribe October 18, 1695.